Voyageurs Canoe Country
Escape, Explore, Experience
For 50 years, groups from all over the country have come to the northwoods of Minnesota to explore the power and splendor of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness with the guidance of Voyageurs Lutheran Ministry staff.
Voyageurs Canoe Country provides more than simply gear and meals!
Teaming with VLM provides the opportunity to discover nature’s wonders while experiencing all of the benefits of living in a faith community. Our staff are trained to not only guide trips but to lead discussions that take the lessons learned in the BWCAW and apply them to our faith and our life back home. A trip with Voyageurs Canoe Country does not end with the final portage.
Each trip we offer includes:
- Wilderness first aid and water safety certified guide
- Leave No Trace wilderness camping practices
- All group equipment including tents, packs and canoes
- Meals during your entire stay
- Lodging at Camp Vermilion on the first and last night of your stay
- United States Forest Service fees and paperwork
- Wide variety of trip options to meet your group’s needs