What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you came to believe, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. The one who plants and the one who waters have a common purpose, and each will receive wages according to the labor of each. For we are God's servants, working together; you are God's field, God's building. 1 Corinthians 3:5-9
Voyageurs Lutheran Ministries values the partnership with our 82 member congregations. As stated above, "we are God's servants, working together". Good things happen in both congregational settings and at camp - one is not better than the other. Both settings play a key role in faith formation and we need each other in this partnership. Perhaps camp can bring faith to life in a new way for a camper, or God is experienced differently. But without a faith community back home, a camper's time at camp simply becomes a mountain top experience that fades quickly. The partnership between church at camp is a wonderful circle that passes on faith and creates a new generation of disciples.
Perks of being a VLM member congregations
- discount on summer camp fees
- reduced rate for renting Camp Hiawatha or Camp Vermilion facilities for your own event
- regular mailings from VLM regarding upcoming camp events and happenings
- voice and vote at the VLM Annual Meeting
- members of the Board of Directors and various committees are elected/chosen from member congregations
What is asked of VLM member congregations:
- use Camp Hiawatha and Camp Vermilion for retreats, meetings, and other congregational gatherings
- promote Summer Camp and programmed retreat opportunities and encourage youth and families to attend such event
- support the ministry financially; a yearly benevolence of $3 per confirmed member (PCM) is encouraged
Interested in having your congregation become a VLM member congregation? Email the VLM office to learn more!