Spring has finally sprung! Ice is still on Deer Lake, but hopefully it will be gone soon! It's hard to believe that in less than one month staff will arrive and we will start training and preparing for our summer season. It's an exciting time of year with the changes in nature as well as the anticipation of the campers to come. God has blessed us with two beautiful camps, spaces to share God's Word and love with all we meet. Bring on the summer season! We are excited and ready! But.....slow down a minute first .....and make one of my favorite breakfasts.
- Beat 4 eggs.
- Add 2 cups milk, beat well.
- Add 1 cup flour, 1 Tablespoon sugar. and a scant 1 teaspoon salt.
- Beat with whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in a 9x13 pan (glass works best) in a 425* oven, watching carefully not to burn.
- When melted swirl butter around to coat pan. Pour the excess butter into the batter. Whisk well.
- Immediately pour batter into the hot pan and return to oven.
- Bake at 425* for 20 min or until puffed and golden.
- Serve with brown sugar, sour cream and sliced fresh strawberries.....or maple syrup.
Camp Vermilion Hospitality Coordinator