We've got some info for you about our Camp Hiawatha Work Day on April 28th! Please share this info with your family, friends, and congregation community; we'd love to see you all there! Work Day not only helps us to get camp ready for the summer, but it's also a great chance to meet others who love camp while serving together. It's even a great time to introduce new faces to camp!
First, join us at camp on Friday evening (the 27th) and stay overnight! We'll serve dinner at 6:30pm and have games, campfire, and fellowship. Open to youth groups as well as families! This event is free if you help with Work Day, $50 per family or $5 per youth if you are unable to stay. If you haven't RSVP'd to the VLM Office at (800) 331-5148, please do that TODAY! For more info about Work Days and the overnight, click here.
Here are just a few of the things we'll get done on Work Day:
- Removing webs, pollen, leaves and pine needles and cleaning the exterior of cabins & buildings; washing windows and cleaning screens
- Deep-cleaning the interior of cabins & buildings; vacuuming, sweeping, and dusting
- Raking the waterfront and beach; doing shoreline restoration at the edge of Deer Lake
- Clearing brush and undergrowth; splitting and stacking a supply of firewood
- Sanding, staining, painting, and sealing projects for various camp buildings
- ...And more!
Contact the VLM office today for a full list of Hiawatha Work Day projects or to share your ideas about a special project!