Mark your calendars and rally the members of your congregation for Camp Hiawatha and Camp Vermilion Work Days! They are a time to prepare the sites for our summer camping season and we can't do that without your help!
Camp Hiawatha - April 25
Camp Vermilion - May 16
- 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. - Registration with rolls and coffee available
- 8:30-12:30 - The work happens!
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:30 - The work continues for as long as people are able to stay.
See a list of specific projects and goals for 2015 at Hiawatha or Vermilion by clicking here.
You are also invited to come early for the Family Overnight! Join us Friday night for dinner at 6:30 followed by games, campfire, and fellowship in the evening. After breakfast on Saturday, explore the camps on your own or join in on Work Day as we get our camps ready for the summer.
Open to youth groups also! This is a great opportunity to introduce new friends to camp - especially if the camper (or camper parent) is nervous about being away from home this summer.
- Friday, April 24 - Saturday, April 25 at Camp Hiawatha (RSVP by April 18)
- Friday, May 15 - Saturday, May 16 at Camp Vermilion (RSVP by May 9)
This event is free if you help with work day. $50 per family if you are unable to stay.
Additional details on each day will be mailed to VLM member congregations this week. If you have suggestions or ideas about doing a specific project, please contact the VLM Office at 800-331-5148 or email VLM@VLMcamps.org